A key part of physics education research in S'Cool LAB is evaluating the impact of the S'Cool LAB Day on students and their teachers. We therefore ask that all participants complete an after-visit questionnaire on our online learning platform within 2 weeks of their visit.
Note: schools and teachers whose students do not complete the after-visit questionnaire will not be eligible to apply for future S'Cool LAB programmes
Extending your visit
Additional CERN tours
A S'Cool LAB Day at CERN is part of a physics education research programme, which must take place in controlled conditions in order to generate meaningful data. As such, the S'Cool LAB team goes to great length to ensure as consistent an experience as possible for participating groups. Therefore, we ask that successful applicants for S'Cool LAB Days at CERN refrain from attempting to make additional visit arrangements at CERN for the same trip (with the exception of CERN's permanent exhibitions, see below)
Teachers bringing their students to Geneva/Switzerland for a S'Cool LAB Day at CERN may look for additional activities to extend their field trip.
Below are some recommendations made by teachers having combined their S'Cool LAB Day with other activities in the past:
- Microcosm and Universe of Particles exhibitions at CERN
- (These are not subjected to the restrictions imposed by the research requirements of the S'Cool LAB Days at CERN programme mentioned above.)
- University of Geneva's public and school labs Chimiscope, Physiscope and Bioscope
- History of Science Museum
- Red Cross Museum
- Natural History Museum
- United Nations
More from S'Cool LAB
Had a great time on a S'Cool LAB Day at CERN? Want to take the experience further?
- Keep up-to-date with the S'Cool LAB newsletter
- Apply for another S'Cool LAB Day at CERN (applications for 2018/19 will be open in spring 2018)
- Check out CERN's "beamline for schools" competition
- Check out our classroom activities and our publications
- Apply to take part in a CERN teacher programme
- Apply for S'Cool LAB Summer CAMP 2018 (applications opening winter 2017)