S'Cool LAB Days at CERN - applications for 2017/18 now open!
If you are a high school physics teacher interested in bringing your students to CERN for a unique full-day programme of visits and hands-on experiments between September 2017 and June 2018, apply now for a S’Cool LAB Day at CERN! The deadline for applications is 14:00 (Swiss time) on Monday, 3 April 2017.
New this year, we are excited to introduce three more experiments to the S'Cool LAB Day line-up: Superconductivity, PET, and Quadrupole Ion Traps. Teachers applying for S'Cool LAB Days at CERN now have the chance to express a preference for which experiments they would like their students to do in S'Cool LAB.
S'Cool LAB website - see what's new!
We have taken the opportunity of launching the next season of S'Cool LAB Days to update our website, adding and re-organising information to make our site an even easier to use.
- More complete information about applying for and planning a S'Cool LAB Day at CERN
- A new opportunity for school groups with existing bookings to visit CERN: cloud chamber workshops in S'Cool LAB
- Downloadable resources for the classroom
- Descriptions of the hands-on S'Cool LAB experiments
- A list of our physics education research publications
- A presentation of the S'Cool LAB team
S'Cool LAB Summer CAMP - congratulations to the selected participants!
The selection procedure for the first S'Cool LAB Summer CAMP is over. We received over 2000 applications from all over the world. We were very pleased by this overwhelming response, and wish to sincerely thank every student who applied - the competition was extremely tough! We would also like to thank everyone who helped promote this opportunity far and wide.
Watch this space for announcements about future opportunities for high school students to spend some time at CERN. (Don't forget: the deadline to submit Beamline for schools proposals is 31 March!)